Eligibility for Hawthorn House:
An individual must meet the following minimum criteria to be a resident at Hawthorn House: all applicants must be either the surviving spouse of a military retiree, a military couple, the dependent of an active-duty military member or a military retiree, age 55 or older.
The physical/medical considerations for Hawthorn House admission are:
- Must be free of a communicable disease, which is likely to be transmitted to other residents or staff. Exception: A person who is Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) positive may be admitted if otherwise eligible.
- Must be able to perform everyday, basic activities necessary to daily life with assistance or supervision.
- Must be able to transfer with assistance, if necessary.
- Must have dietary needs that can be met by the facility.
- Must not be a danger to self or others.
- Must not be bedridden.
- Must not have Stage 2, 3 or 4 pressure sores.
- Must not require 24-hour skilled nursing services or professional mental health care.
- Must be deemed appropriate for admission by the Admissions Board and meet all other eligibility requirements.
Application for Hawthorn House:
To receive an application for admission to Hawthorn House or to discuss eligibility or monthly service fees, kindly contact our Admissions Coordinator at 1-866-312-1703.
Surviving spouses of retired enlisted Air Force members may be eligible for for our Benevolence Program and receive subsidized monthly service fees. Some residents may qualify for VA Aid and Attendance. Hawthorn House does not accept Medicare/Medicaid. Some of the criteria may be waived for admission in a dire need situation. Please contact our Admissions Coordinator at 1-866-312-1703 for more information.