Bob Hope Village Sets Up Hurricane Irma Relief Center at Gates Welcome Building
Thank you in advance for supporting our donation drive for Hurricane Irma relief.
Update: As of September 15, 2017, we are in need of packing boxes for a shipment of supplies leaving Monday evening and another on Wednesday. Thank you for your support!
Shalimar, Florida (September 12, 2017) – A Hurricane Irma Relief Center will be set up at Bob Hope Village’s Gates Welcome Building, 92 Sunset Lane, Shalimar, FL 32579, beginning Wednesday, Sept. 13, so that our local community members can donate items needed.
The following items WILL BE ACCEPTED according to the American Red Cross’ current needs:
- Packaged food items such as granola bars, cookies, chips, crackers, etc.
- Baby supplies such as wipes, diapers, receiving blankets.
- Adult supplies such as wipes, adult diapers of all sizes and for both males and females.
- Linens such as clean sheets, pillow cases, blankets, towels and wash cloths.
- New pillows. (Used pillows cannot be accepted.)
- Toiletries such as tooth brushes, tooth paste, mouth wash, soap and lotions.
Items can be dropped off during the following dates and times:
Wednesday, Sept. 13 to Saturday, Sept. 16: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 17: Closed. Please do not leave items outside.
Monday, Sept. 18 to Tuesday, Sept. 19: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
We cannot accept clothes, shoes, perishable food, or water because these are being supplied by the American Red Cross. Canned goods cannot be accepted as they are too heavy.
Financial gifts cannot be accepted at the Gates Welcome Building. If you’d like to make a cash donation, please use www.CharityNavigator.org to check the legitimacy of charitable organizations. Charity Navigator has compiled a list of trusted groups for Hurricane Irma relief.
For questions regarding the drop off center, please contact Air Force Enlisted Village at 850-651-3766 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help spread the word by downloading our flyer HERE and share it with your contacts or post it where everyone can see it.