March 11, 2020
1. This letter is to inform you about ongoing measures the Air Force Enlisted Village (AFEV) is taking to keep residents, the campus, and our neighborhood/community safe from the new Coronavirus (also known as COVID-19).
2. As you know, because of the demographic we serve, our residents are at higher risk of contracting COVID-19. It is out of an abundance of caution that the AFEV has taken the following measures to mitigate risks associated with COVID-19:
- AFEV is doing a light screening of visitors, vendors, and other entities entering the campus. AFEV will not allow people on our campus that affirm any of the following:
o Individuals returning from international travel or has been on a cruise in the last 14 days or has been in close contact with someone who has recently returned from international travel or a cruise
o Individuals with symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, cough, and shortness of breath
o Individuals who have had contact with someone who has or is under investigation for COVID-19
- Effective March 11, 2020, at 5:00 p.m., the AFEV will reduce entry onto the campus to our Sunset Gate
o This measure will remain in place until the public health emergency is no longer a threat as prescribed by the Florida Department of Health
o The AFEV asks that residential traffic transiting Sunset lane be extra vigilant by slowing down and being prepared for a sudden stop due to vehicles backed up on Sunset lane waiting to get onto the AFEV campus
o The AFEV is taking measures to mitigate traffic congestion
Longer Term Measures
- The AFEV is on daily calls with the Florida Department of Health and leading Age Florida leadership
- We are following guidance put forth by the Florida Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control; this guidance is dynamic and can change with little notice.
Having said that, the AFEV leadership team will keep you appraised as the situation changes
- Please follow our Facebook page and check the AFEV website for details. Both sites will contain the latest information
o Website: https://afev.us/
3. Please feel free to communicate with AFEV’s staff as concerns arise. We want to be good neighbors, so please let us know if there is anything you need.
4. Thank you for your support of the AFEV, our workforce, and our residents. Our #1 priority is the health, welfare, and safety of our residents, our workforce and the community.
5. You can reach me at 850-613-6475 or by email at email@example.com.
Brooke P. McLean, CMSgt, USAF, Ret.
President and CEO
Download a printable version of this letter HERE.