Bob Hope Village offers hassle-free, independent living with the camaraderie of military life.
Bob Hope Village is home to Air Force Enlisted Village headquarters, the Dolores Hope All Faiths Chapel, Hawthorn House, the Bob Gates Welcome Center, and the Garden of Hope.
Bob Hope Village Lifestyle and Amenities:
- One and two bedroom apartments with full kitchens (full-size refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, garbage disposal), bathroom with safety features, and fire alarm/sprinkler system.
- Apartments include carpet, tile, blinds, private patio with gardening area, and individual mailboxes.
- Some utilities such as water, sewer, and trash collection are included. WiFi is available for a fee.
- All residents receive a mobile medical alert pendant.
- Maintenance and security staff; contracted landscaping for common areas.
- Each village has a lounge with full kitchen for entertaining and activities and a complimentary laundry facility.
- Our community center, known as the Commons, is the hub of activities and events. It is home to a fitness room with classes, a banquet room, a library, a beauty salon, an ATM, a swimming pool, and Modelle’s Kitchen, our own cafe serving breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday.
- Access to regularly-scheduled bus transportation; transportation to and from medical appointments, prescription pick up service, and plenty of parking.
- Quarterly newsletter and monthly calendar of activities and events.
- Resident Council and Activities Committee; volunteer opportunities at the library, gift shop, and chapel.
- Chapel program and choir at Dolores Hope All Faiths Chapel with weekly services.
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy available with TLC at Hawthorn House.
- Located 3 miles from Eglin Air Force Base and 8 miles from Hurlburt Field. DoD cardholders (required for eligibility to live at Bob Hope Village) can take full advantage of base offerings, such as commissaries, exchanges, health care and recreation.
- Short drive from the beautiful beaches of the Emerald Coast.
- Climate consists of Florida’s mild winters and subtropical summers.